Sumner County Contacts
|General Session Probation||615-451-6046|
|Jail – Sumner County||615-442-1813|
|Tickets – General Sessions Court||615-452-4310|
- 1 Who is the sheriff of Sumner County TN?
- 2 How do I file a police report in Gallatin TN?
- 3 Is Gallatin TN a safe place to live?
- 4 What is Gallatin TN known for?
- 5 Who runs the Sumner County Jail?
- 6 What county is Gallatin Tennessee?
- 7 Does Gallatin TN have snow?
- 8 Is it expensive to live in Gallatin Tennessee?
- 9 How old is Gallatin TN?
Who is the sheriff of Sumner County TN?
Sumner County Sheriff – Sonny Weatherford.
How do I file a police report in Gallatin TN?
We’ll help you work out what to do. Call 911 and ask for Police when:
- Someone is badly injured or in danger.
- There’s a serious risk to life or property.
- A crime is being committed and the offenders are still there or have just left.
- You’ve come across a major public inconvenience, such as trees blocking a highway.
Is Gallatin TN a safe place to live?
Is Gallatin, TN Safe? The C grade means the rate of crime is slightly higher than the average US city. The rate of crime in Gallatin is 30.96 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Gallatin generally consider the northwest part of the city to be the safest.
What is Gallatin TN known for?
Located in the center of Sumner County and just 23 minutes from Nashville, Gallatin lives up to its motto, “ True Grit. Amazing Grace.” The city is nestled next to Old Hickory Lake, a popular destination for fishing and watersports, and offers a variety natural landscapes for visitors to explore.
Who runs the Sumner County Jail?
According to new Sumner County Jail Administrator Jerry Scott, the facility is currently home to about 500 inmates.
What county is Gallatin Tennessee?
Gallatin has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Gallatin is 1 in 74.
Does Gallatin TN have snow?
Gallatin, Tennessee gets 52 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Gallatin averages 3 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
Is it expensive to live in Gallatin Tennessee?
With a cost of living score of 101.1, Gallatin is just 1.1% more expensive than the average cost of living in the United States. The largest factor impacting Gallatin’s cost of living index is housing.
How old is Gallatin TN?
Gallatin was established in 1802 as the permanent county seat of Sumner County, in what is called the Middle Tennessee region of the state. The town was named after Albert Gallatin, Secretary of Treasury to Presidents Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. Jackson founded the first general store in Gallatin.