- Toll-free within North Carolina: 1-877-5-NO-SCAM.
- From outside North Carolina: (919) 716-6000.
- En Espanol: (919) 716-0058.
- 1 Who investigates police misconduct in NC?
- 2 How do I report police misconduct?
- 3 Where do I report bad services?
- 4 How do you file a complaint?
- 5 What happens when you file a complaint against a police officer?
- 6 Can you sue a police officer for lying on a police report?
- 7 What are some examples of police misconduct?
- 8 What is unethical police behavior?
- 9 Is it worth filing a complaint with the BBB?
- 10 How do I get a refund for bad service?
- 11 Can you get compensation for bad customer service?
- 12 What is the first step in filing a complaint?
- 13 What are the stages of complaints?
- 14 What are the 5 steps to handling a customer complaint?
Who investigates police misconduct in NC?
Report Misconduct at the North Carolina Department of Justice.
How do I report police misconduct?
If you have experienced police misconduct:
- Contact the law enforcement agency involved.
- Submit your complaint in writing to the chief of police or the head of the law enforcement agency involved.
- Send a copy of your complaint to the Internal Affairs Division of the law enforcement agency.
Where do I report bad services?
Check out 10 effective ways and online destinations to file complaints that a company will pay attention to.
- Go to the company website.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau.
- Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Check out the Ripoff Report.
- Email [email protected]
- Try Yelp.
- Post on Planet Feedback.
How do you file a complaint?
To file a complaint, just go to ftc.gov/complaint, and answer the questions. Or call That’s all there is to it. If you’ve been ripped off or scammed, complain to the Federal Trade Commission. It can help put the bad guys out of business.
What happens when you file a complaint against a police officer?
If a criminal complaint is issued against a police officer, it is up to the District Attorney’s office to prosecute the case. The District Attorney (DA) is not required to prosecute, and often he or she decides not to. The DA relies on police officers as witnesses and investigators in all of the cases in the office.
Can you sue a police officer for lying on a police report?
On occasion, police officers will fabricate, lie, or otherwise create false evidence to justify an arrest. You may be able to sue for compensation if this has happened to you.
What are some examples of police misconduct?
Examples of police misconduct can include, but are not limited to:
- Tampering with evidence.
- Witness intimidation.
- False arrest.
- Police brutality.
- Malicious prosecution.
- Coerced confessions.
- Assault and excessive force.
What is unethical police behavior?
Examples of police misconduct include police brutality, dishonesty, fraud, coercion, torture to force confessions, abuse of authority, and sexual assault, including the demand for sexual favors in exchange for leniency. Any of these actions can increase the likelihood of a wrongful conviction.
Is it worth filing a complaint with the BBB?
Responding to BBB complaints is a good business practice and “the right thing to do” whether or not a business is BBB Accredited. A majority of non-accredited businesses cooperate with BBB by responding to complaints. Many good businesses are BBB Accredited, but many other good businesses are not accredited.
How do I get a refund for bad service?
Contact the business.
- Be clear with your complaint. State why you are unhappy.
- Also state you want a refund. The company might try to give you something else, such as store credit, if you aren’t clear.
- Realize that the first person you speak to might not be able to help you.
Can you get compensation for bad customer service?
You might get compensation In putting it right, the company might give you a refund, or a voucher, a fresh product, or something else that compensates you for the problem to demonstrate their excellent customer service. You could actually walk away from a complaint better off than before.
What is the first step in filing a complaint?
10 steps to filing a complaint
- Step 1: Consider filing a complaint.
- Step 2: Identify the entities causing or contributing to the harm.
- Step 3: Map the grievance mechanisms that may apply.
- Step 4: Identify your desired outcomes.
- Step 5: Choose the appropriate grievance mechanism.
- Step 6: Prepare for the complaint.
What are the stages of complaints?
Stages of complaints procedure
- Stage 1 – Internal Investigation. At Stage 1, the complaint will be investigated by the relevant Service Manager, who will liaise with the officers and contractors for the service.
- Stage 2 – Independent Investigation.
- Stage 3 – Review Panel.
What are the 5 steps to handling a customer complaint?
Here are five strategies that will help you handle a customer complaint in a smooth and professional manner:
- Stay calm.
- Listen well.
- Acknowledge the problem.
- Get the facts.
- Offer a solution.